Sunday, March 25, 2012

Après-ski and drinks of the week




Since I didn't post a drink of the week for last week, I will post two this week! Both are typical après-ski drinks, which I had the pleasure to enjoy a few days ago on my first ski trip ever. It was an amazing trip and the weather was very spring-like and just perfect: sunny and warm all day long! I also finally learnt how to turn (with a snowboard). Yay! I'm getting there!

Here are my drinks of choice:
1. Mulled wine! It is warm and delicious, perfect for a mid-day break. Even more comforting when the weather is actually cold.
2. Rakia. What is it, you may ask? It is the bulgarian version of the italian grappa. Rakia is a very strong alcohol but it also has a nice aroma. In some circles, it is tradition to have a small glass of rakia at the end of a ski/snowboarding day, right after your last slope. And well, traditions must be respected...

So much snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment